Information We Collect
Our Site collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information“). In particular, BIOTIX may have collected one or more kinds of data within the categories of personal information listed below from visitors to the Site within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||[YES]|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||[YES]|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||[NO]|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||[YES]|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||[NO]|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||[YES]|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||[YES]|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||[NO]|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||[YES]|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||[NO]|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||[YES]|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information that is lawfully made available by federal, state, and local government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, including:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
BIOTIX obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Site.
- From Third Parties. For example, from business partners such as distributors, suppliers, service providers, sub-contractors, advertising networks, credit reference agencies, analytics providers, data brokers, or aggregators.
- From Publicly Available Sources. For example, from public databases or social media platforms.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns;
- To verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here;
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including product development, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes, including to determine and manage the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing;
- To create, administer, and communicate with you about and in the framework of your account (including purchases, payment, document management, information, including marketing communications in line with your preferences);
- For system administration and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions which does not identify any individual;
- To process, evaluate, and respond to your inquiries or requests;
- To provide and sell, directly or indirectly via partners, products and services to end customers; to support, via various supporting services, e.g. direct shipment, marketing support and other supporting services, the commercial activities of our partners;
- To provide persons we interacted with the in the context of the sale of a product or service with information and direct marketing materials about similar goods and services we offer;
- To initiate, perform, and manage contractual relationships, e.g. by accepting and processing orders, performing transactions, processing payments, accounting, auditing and billing, arranging shipments and deliveries, and providing repairs and support services;
- To communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys, and promotions, e.g. by notifying you about changes in our services or by sending you marketing communications;
- To improve, enhance, or expand the products, services and BIOTIX Online Channels offered by BIOTIX (for example, to provide better information, products, and special offers);
- To maintain and protect the security of our products, services, and BIOTIX Online Channels, to prevent and detect security threats, fraud, or other criminal or malicious activities;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that are of interest to you or them;
- To tailor the content that we display to you; to personalize and continually improve the Site and BIOTIX Online Channels and the service it provides to you;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To ensure compliance with our legal obligations (such as record keeping as required by country specific obligations) and due diligence (to prevent white-collar or money laundering crimes), and BIOTIX policies or industry standards
- To carry out contract enforcement, dispute resolutions, and to initiate or protect against legal claims;
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA; or
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BIOTIX’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BIOTIX about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
BIOTIX will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
BIOTIX may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Other BIOTIX Affiliates
BIOTIX may share personal data with other affiliates within the METTLER TOLEDO Group, if and to the extent necessary for the purposes mentioned above.
- Business Partners
Biotix may share information with its Business Partners as necessary to offer products or services, respond to requests, provide customer services, and communicate about our products and services.
- Service Providers
We may share certain information with third party service providers we engage to perform services for us or on our behalf, such as IT maintenance and support services (including ticketing), payment processing, marketing assistance, data analysis and data cleansing services, telemarketing services, order fulfillment, postal, mailing and package delivery services, logistics, delivery of customer services, legal process and registration services etc. These service providers are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable laws and restricted from using or disclosing information, except as necessary to perform the services or comply with legal requirements.
- Advertising Companies
We may use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding products and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the services and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, BIOTIX has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category G: Geolocation data.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
Category K: Professional or employment-related information.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, BIOTIX has not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that BIOTIX disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that BIOTIX delete your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see section directly below on Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-877-658-1566 (toll free); or
- Filling out this Website Form and inserting your email address.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We reserve the right to request additional information or actions from you in order to assist us in verifying your identity or authority to make the request. You may be required to complete an additional form to verify certain personal information and send this form to BIOTIX at the postal address listed in “Contact Information” below.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, requests made through your password protected account may help streamline and speed up the verification process when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information you specifically supply for verification proposes to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (additional forty-five (45) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
In the preceding twelve (12) months, BIOTIX has not sold personal information. And if you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data we hold about you, please fill out the online form here. You may opt out from direct marketing emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included in all our marketing emails. You may also anytime free of charge request to opt-out from direct marketing communications or exercise any other data subject right available to you under the applicable data protection laws, by contacting us via the Contact Information below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
BIOTIX reserves the right to amend this Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will post the updated Policy on the Site and update the Policy’s effective date. You are encouraged to check back frequently for changes. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Phone: 1-877-658-1566 (toll free)
(when using this email address to submit a request, please insert “CCPA REQUEST” into the subject line of the email)
1900 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, Ohio 43240
(when using this postal address to submit a request please address the communication to ATTN: LEGAL DEPARTMENT – CCPA REQUEST)